Virtual Food Drive Frequently Asked Questions
Download the Virtual Food Drive Manual
1. What is a Virtual Food Drive?
A virtual food drive is an onine fundraising platform that allows individuals, groups, and organizations to fundraise on Second Harvest’s behalf. A Virtual Food Drive is a great way to raise awareness of hunger issues and raise critical funds needed to sustain our Feeding Programs. These funds allow us to serve more clients. With every dollar donated, we can provide 4 meals. It's fast, easy and fun!
2. Who can host a Virtual Food Drive?
Anyone can start a Virtual Food Drive. There are multiple registration options so that Virtual Food Drives can be a great fit for everyone.
- Fundraise as an Individual
- Fundraise as an Organization
- Start a Fundraising Competition
Your drive can be customized to meet the needs of your company, your organization, or your family. Once you register your drive, you will gain access to the Participant Center that will include everything you need to promote your drive and raise funds.
3. What are some benefits of hosting a Virtual Food Drive?
- Easy to use, manage and track.
- Allows for group participation and competition.
- Transactions can be completed within minutes through a secure website.
- Donors will receive an email confirming their tax deductible donations immediately.
- Every dollar donated equals 4 meals.
4. How do I get started?
- Select your registration type. You can choose to fundraise as an individual, fundraise as an organization, or start a fundraising competition. You can also join an existing Virtual Food Drive.
- Once you have registered your drive, you can log into your Participant Center and personal your Virtual Food Drive with a photo or logo and your personal message.
- Invite your friends, family and coworkers to shop on your Virtual Food Drive page to help you meet your fundraising goal!
5. Am I actually purchasing the items through the shopping page?
Funds raised through the Virtual Food Drive go to purchase food that is most needed. Virtual Food Drive prices are based on average costs to Second Harvest Food Bank.
6. What if I still have questions?
Please send all additional questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.